Friday 2 August 2013

"I shop for comfort"

I really enjoy being comfortable. I know, I know, who doesn't, right? Yeah I don't think you understand. When it comes to comfort and lazy outfits, I REIGN SUPREME. My motto used to be– ok no, I'm getting ahead of myself, it pretty much still is– I shop for comfort. Now before you judge me, just know that in the last year, I've officially retired sweatpants from my list of 'I can go into public wearing this' clothes, and that's some serious progress when you consider my track record during high school (it all began with sweatpants Fridays.... and then it got out of hand.....). Frankly, I'm pretty sure this transformation (this is serious bizniz) came from living in the city where everyone just looks SO GOOD ALL THE TIME. 

ALAS, I've had to look for other ways to be comfy, and I think I really found a winner. I have been fiending maxi skirts/dresses– as long as there is drapey fabric flowing around my ankles, I'm happy. They look good (especially when they sit at your waist), they provide coverage while still providing you with the option of not wearing pants (very important for the office, especially when the AC is on full blast), plus they're fun to twirl in ;) This particular one is a chiffon maxi skirt from Forever 21, with slits that are clearly there to make the skirt sexier, but I really just like it for the mobility (the only downside to maxi skirts is that they can really get in the way sometimes). 



If you're like me and not particularly blessed with long legs, finding maxi skirts and dresses that don't drag on the ground when you walk can be really tough. If you want to avoid hemming your skirt, throwing on a pair of wedges or rolling down the waist once or twice always does the trick. Now we just wait until science catches up and short people can get their knees done (White Chicks is one of my favorite movies ;)







Top: Forever 21 ($1.80 tank tops make my life)
Skirt: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21 (this is getting awkward... do I just combine all 3 into 1 line... I feel like I should)
Shoes: Aldo
Sunglasses: Maui Jim 


Have an awesome long weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment