Sunday 28 July 2013

Awkward self photo shoot... part 2: I seriously want a boat

Words cannot describe how happy I am that Alice wrote a post on awkward self photoshoots yesterday because I really wasn't sure how to describe the **grueling** process I went through to get these 7 half decent... if that, photos. 

Let me paint you little a picture:

It's 40+ degrees outside. You get home from work and it's insanely sunny out. You decide, hey, I like my outfit today, I should take some pictures. You ask your brother to help you take some photos (because asking my parents is actually something I do not have enough dignity for), he's busy. So you grab the tripod... and so it begins. 

Why was I wearing sleeves in this weather? Good question. Who/what was I looking at? Also a good question. Why am I not facing the camera? Who. Knows.
Anyways, onto the clothes. Other than working this summer, I'm also interning for a wedding planner. Last weekend was the first wedding I helped out at, and it was held at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club. If you go a back a couple of posts, you'll see one of Alice in what we considered 'yacht wear'. I joke about one day owning a boat all the time, but until I was in a place where literally everyone owned a boat, I didn't realize how cool it would be

The outside of the main building where the reception was held.
At the end of this was the dock where the ferry picked you up. Needless to say, I really enjoyed walking up and down this runway...
The Toronto skyline from the island– can you imagine getting married in front of that?!
So this week, while still going through yacht-club-withdrawal, I decided to go nautical with my outfit. I left my breton striped shirt in Montreal, so I made do with some red stripes instead. I finished it off with a pair of anchor earrings and one of my favorite pairs of high waisted 'sailor shorts' that actually have anchors on the buttons!

On the one hand, I wanted to get my anchor earrings in the photo. On the other hand, putting your face that close to a camera is really, really uncomfortable.


There was no one there... 


Even my external battery was nautical!
Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Shorts: Talula from Aritizia
Shoes: Aldo
Earrings: Aldo Accessories
Sunglasses: Forever 21
External Battery: J Crew

See you on the water! But like, not actually... unless you want to invite me onto your boat ;)  

-Ada

No comments:

Post a Comment